Sustainability through responsibility
Setting the course for change: from wastewater treatment to the materials used.
The world is changing rapidly. The increasing scarcity of resources, the strain on the environment, and climate and demographic changes are having a profound impact on our lives. Only a sustainable economy that takes environmental and social concerns into account alongside economic needs can have a long-term future.
What does sustainability-oriented corporate management mean to us? From the perspective of the Abfluss-AS-Alliance, what is behind "E" for Environmental, "S" for Social and "G" for Governance?
- efficient use of energy and raw materials
- environmentally compatible materials
- low emissions to air and water
- compliance with core labour rights
- high standards of occupational health and safety
- fair conditions at the workplace, appropriate remuneration and training and development opportunities
- exchange of information on sustainability standards with our suppliers
- transparent measures to prevent corruption
- anchoring sustainability management at management level
- linking management compensation also to the achievement of sustainability targets
- confidential treatment of whistleblowing